My name is Brianna Horne, I am a birth and postpartum doula, member of DONA (Doulas of North America) International and student pursuing a nursing degree. My goal for this project is to write about and bring more awareness to childbirth, breastfeeding, maternal and child health, midwives, pregnancy and reproductive health and culture. This also serves as my business page to offer my doula services to expecting moms and new parents. Check out the above menu to see what I have to offer!
I live in Bloomington, IN with my husband, 3 year old daughter, Piper and 1 year old son, Leonard. Both were born at home with a midwife and are happy, vibrant and healthy! My birth experiences were truly wonderful and I credit that to the amazing support I had from my husband and midwives. This experience sparked a passion within me to support women through their journeys into motherhood.
I attend all kinds of births and feel honored to help a family develop a birth plan for their new arrival. My goal is to encourage open communication between a couple and their caregiver which can lead to a greater comfort and positive birth experience.
I am familiar with Hypnobabies, Hypnobirthing, the Bradley Method, Birthing from Within and Lamaze. I also attend home births, hospital births, birth center births, planned Cesarean births, medicated and unmedicated births. I feel confident in supporting any of these and my goal would be to help you achieve your ideal birth. Defined by you!
Classes, Seminars, Conferences and Memberships
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation) Certified- NRP workshop with Andrea Dixon 10/22/15
- IMA (Indiana Midwives Association) Annual Conference- Attendee 10/23-10/25/15
- Breastfeeding Counselor- Breastfeeding USA; Accredited Counselor 8/5/15
- Breastfeeding USA Chapter Leader- Breastfeeding USA of Bloomington 8/6/15-present
- ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) Chapter Leader- 9/2015- present
- Child Birth Educator (Student) through Birth Arts International 8/2015-present
- Nonviolent Communication Workshop for doulas-with Ingrid Skoog- 7/29/2015
- DONA(Doulas of North America) Birth Doula workshop / Washington D.C. 03/14
- The VBAC Option ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) Webinar with Desirre Andrews / 04/14
- Herbal Remedies for Common Pregnancy Complaints/ webinar with Aremisa Hailey of Indigenous Remedies / 04/14
- Member of Breastfeeding USA since 03/2014
- Member of ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network) since May 2015
- Speaker for World Breastfeeding Week / NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. 8/6/2014